about the stores

JUNK has two Williamsburg Brooklyn locations - 197 N9th St & 567 Driggs Ave - we are open 9-9, 7 days a week. To reach either store take the L to bedford & exit on the driggs ave side. Check out our new website: Junk11211.

SOMETHING TO SELL? Call Brooklyn Bridge Estate Buyers 212-260-1851 or contact them online www.brooklynbridgebuyers.com

A standard box of 4 color tags - available from any supply house

Monday, June 20, 2011

Where does all this stuff come from? Questions we hear all day long #2

Everywhere! - But essentially, used items come from other peoples homes.   Children outgrow their clothes and cribs - Young families outgrow their first homes -  Expanding careers require relocation and fancier furniture - It isn’t always a sad story , even when it goes in the other direction.  Grown children leave home & the parents downsize - Retired folks sell their homes & move “somewhere warm“ - Every day, houses are sold, the new owners need them empty, and the contents enter the resale market.


Junk is a resale shop, which means we  sell items that have been offered for sale before - most are used , but many are deadstock - that is to say,   pre-owned but unused - which brings us to the real topic of today’s blog entry . . .

1 comment:

  1. I loved your post! I'm a second-hand store owner in central PA and I get the same questions all the time. My prices are very low (I still make money) don't ask me to give you a discount because it looks like its been worn before (no, I'm not kidding). It's a second-hand store for gosh sake! The next time I'm up your way I'll be sure to stop in.

    ReplyDelete